Thursday, December 4, 2014

Dragonball Z: Ressurection 'F' trailer First Impressions/Ramble

Pretty much my impression in a nutshell...

Greetings Ladies and Gents! It is I, the Shaman of Animation with a new topic discussion. The trailer for the newest Dragonball Z movie, Revival of F is out.

This was taken from the Saiyan Island YouTube channel

I've seen it a good couple of times and, if I can be perfectly honest, I don't know how I should feel about this movie... 

Well first of all, one of the biggest issues I have with this movie period is that Frieza has been brought back with the Dragon balls. The problem with this is that it's been an established rule in the Dragonball story that a person can only be brought back with Earth's dragon balls for only up to a year. Now I could be just complaining just to complain as Toriyama might fully understand this and uses the Namkekian Dragon balls, which doesn't have the same limitations as Earth's dragon balls. But, I feel I should bring up this concern

Secondly, its Frieza himself. I can't help but think to myself just how in the blue hell is Frieza supposed to keep up with Goku and the others at their current strength. In the trailer, we see Whis who was a prominent character in the last DBZ movie, Battle of Gods. It's been confirmed that he along with the main villain of that movie Beerus, will be returning for this movie. I'm assuming that for some reason, they're going to give Frieza a god like power boost. Now the movie needs to be careful; this power up needs to come off naturally and not as some cheap asspull.

Now my final thought or really more of a nitpick: Gohan. It's not really his look so much that bothers me (although that does play some part in it) but the fact that he goes Super Saiyan in the trailer. He shouldn't have to go Super Saiyan; the old kai gave him a power boost that pretty much renders his super saiyan powers pointless. But hey, the BOG trailer showed him going SS and they fixed that error, so who's to say that they won't do it for this movie.

All in all, these are just some of my thoughts that come with this trailer for Revival of F. Overall, the trailer makes me raise an eyebrow at some of the aspects that will be shown in this movie. But, as a Dragonball fan, I shall stay cautiously optimistic for when the movie comes out.

Till next time everyone, I'm the Shaman of Animation: Take care.  





No comments:

Post a Comment