Sunday, November 23, 2014

WWE:Survivor Series 2014 Review/Discussion


WHOO!! OH MAN...I'm still getting off the high of this moment...

Greetings Ladies and Gents, it is I, the Shaman of Animation here with something new: A wrestling topic. Tonight, I'm here to discuss the latest WWE Event: Survivor Series.

Now to be perfectly honest, I missed the first hour of the PPV. So I couldn't really comment on it, all I know was that The Miz and Damien Mizdow were crowned the new Tag Team champions. This makes sense considering how over Mizdow is with the crowd. There was also a traditional survivor series tag team match for the divas... although, from what I've heard about it, the less I talk about it, the better...


The Lunatic versus The Eater of Worlds!!

Next up is the first match I actually saw: Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt. This was hands down one of my most anticipated matches on the card....and they kinda pissed it away just for build up to the next PPV. Which is a shame cause I thought that the match started decent and I was beginning to really get into it right as they cut it off...The scene where Ambrose got disqualified dragged on a bit...

Next up, Slater Gator vs Adam Rose and his Bunny.....Spidey?

Thank You...

Next up, Nikki Bella vs AJ Lee...which was like a two minute match, that consisted of Brie Bella kissing AJ and Nikki hitting AJ with her finisher. There's not really a lot to talk about here. I can just imagine during the Brie/AJ kiss that Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were both at home thinking:


Dude.... Orgy...

Next up is the Roman Reigns interview...where he said the same thing he said, the last two times he was in an interview, except now, he's given an announce for when he's returning to which he answered: a month. Guys, I know you want to make Reigns the next guy and I agree he's got the look. But you need to actually let him be off TV, no interviews or anything like that, just let him heal up and keep him off TV so that fans will miss him.

Now for the main event: Team Cena vs. Team Authority. My God, this match was AMAZING!!! Without a doubt, the best part of Survivor Series. The match was creative with the ways a lot of members of each team was eliminated, it did a good job showcasing the future guys (Seth Rollins, Rusev, Harper, Rowan.) But the real MVP of the match is this man:


It ain't showing off when you can back it up...

Dolph Freaking Ziggler. He was simply phenomenal in this match up. From his selling to the way he was booked. After Cena was knocked out by the Big Show (who turned heel for the trillionth time), Dolph was the last man standing in Team Cena and was facing off against  three members of Team Authority. He did a terrific job presenting himself as the underdog in the match and when he finally won the match, it was a great sight.

Now let's address the elephant in the room here and talk about the biggest shock of the night:

For years, the closest fans got to this stare down was the video games, but to see it actually happen is beautiful...

When no one expected it, the Icon, the man to never jump ship from WCW, STING, made his WWE debut to help out Dolph Ziggler. There isn't a lot to say here other than it was awesome seeing Sting in a WWE ring and I'm excited to see what he does. Here's hoping we're close to this match happening:

We're now closer to it than ever!!!

If I can be perfectly honest, this Survivor Series overall was just bad. Aside from the main event and Sting, everything felt like a throw away segment. Let this be a lesson for the guys at the WWE: Don't focus on just ONE part of your PPV event, otherwise you hurt the entire show as a whole. If I were to grade Survivor Series, I'd give it a C-, once again just for the main event and Sting.

But that's all I have to say about this so I'm signing off. Till next time, I'm the Shaman of Animation saying:


 I just wanted a vid that said Ta Ta For now: But THAT was too hard for YT apparently 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment