Sunday, February 22, 2015

WWE Fastlane 2015 Review

We're on the Fastlane to Wrestlemania. God how they wore that phrase out...

Greetings Ladies and Gents! It is I, The Shaman of Animation back again with another wrestling review. Tonight we're here to talk about WWE FastLane. Tonight's Event was...let's just dive in.

First up we have:

Oh for God's sake

Okay, it's time to vent here. Why in the blue hell are Big Show and Kane still on T.V.? Why are they still on roster? And most importantly, WHY IS THE CREATIVE TEAM PUTTING THEM OVER THEIR YOUNGER TALENT?!? Is the current roster so lacking in depth that you feel the need to keep putting these guys in matches. Every time I see The Big Show and Kane on T.V. nowadays, I lose total interest in whatever is going on screen and tonight was no different. On top of that, the match itself was pretty boring itself. After the match, we saw the return of...


I wish I could say I was excited for Randy Orton's return, but the wait for him to come back was so long and there were so many months where I thought: "Tonight's the night he comes back" that I just stopped caring and lost all enthusiasm for it...Long story short, after Wrestlemania, we need to get rid of Show and Kane.

Next match: Goldust vs. Stardust


This match felt like it should have been something more, but alas it was just build up to the obvious rematch at Wrestlemania. The match actually started good but then it slowed to a screeching halt and just became uninteresting...

Next: The Usos vs Cesaro and Tyson Kidd


This was honestly the first solid match of the night. I never noticed it until this match, but Cesaro and Tyson Kidd actually make a really great team. They had a lot of great combination moves throughout the match like that Boston Crab/Leg Drop move. The match started off a little slow but it picked up and turned into a B- match.

Next Up: The Triple H/Sting Confrontation


This was the one thing on the card tonight that I actually was excited for. It was Sting on a WWE Pay-Per-View and he was gonna be face to face with Triple H. So of course when he shows up he doesn't say a single word...at all...but he didn't need to actually cause Triple H did his thing on the mic and Sting's silent presence actually made the segment very entertaining. It ended with a brawl between the game and the Icon and Sting bringing out his trademark bat as he lays down the challenge for Wrestlemania and proceeds to lay Triple H out. Now the match is set: Triple H vs. Sting. THIS won't be the last time I talk about this match in this review.

I'm gonna skip over Ambrose vs Barrett (Match that meant nothing and it's obvious that they're gonna have a rematch at Wrestlemania) and talk about this next segment.


In the weeks before Fastlane, Bray Wyatt had been making cryptic (not really) and subtle (as subtle as a train wreck) promos challenging a certain person, tonight showed that that person he was challenging was indeed The Undertaker. All I have to say is: Why is this match a thing? First of all, what is there to gain from a Bray Wyatt/Taker match? Brock Lesnar broke the streak last year, you know, the reason we all watch Taker at Wrestlemania? On top of that, I've seen recent pictures of Undertaker and I can definitely say that the guy doesn't have another match in him. Even when he faced Lesnar last year, he didn't look like he was one hundred percent. I personally don't want the Undertaker in Wrestlemania 31, the guy has paid his dues, it's time to let him retire. But if you're going this extra mile, then I have a question, it's one that I've asked on Twitter: Why are both Sting and The Undertaker on the Wrestlemania 31 card, and they're NOT FACING EACH OTHER? That was one of the reasons I was willing to accept Sting vs Triple H, because that told me that Undertaker was done in the ring. But since he's going to be on the card you might as well give the fans the match. The commentators were going on about how Sting vs Triple H was a dream match everyone wanted to see but they thought it would never happen. No: it's not.

THIS is the Dream Match.

I'm going to wrap this up by saying that if it were last year, then Bray Wyatt's goal to become the new "face of fear" would probably mean a lot more, but as it is now, it seems pretty worthless.

John Cena vs Rusev

I won't go into detail about this match for the same reason I didn't go into the Ambrose/Barrett and the Dust Brothers matches, it was a sub par match that's obviously just building up to their rematch at Wrestlemania. Although, I will give props to the WWE, I was expecting the match to end in a No contest or a DQ just so Cena wouldn't look bad, but the fact that Rusev actually won against Cena is astounding, and the way is did is probably as close to a clean win on Cena as we were gonna get.

Now for the Main Event: Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns
I know some people are pissed at the ending to this match...

The match was easily the best match of the show. The selling from both guys in this match was top notch. As if I have to say it, Daniel Bryan put on a good show and, although I'm sure no one will want to, I'm gonna give Reigns the credit he deserves for the match tonight as he brought his A-game, this including more moves into his arsenal. The winner of the match, which caused a hell of a lot of controversy...was Roman Reigns. To be perfectly honest...I'm okay with this decision.

Now I know some of you might bring up my Royal Rumble review where I said that Roman didn't deserve the win and he wasn't ready for the Wrestlemania main event, I still stand by that, but I do have to give props for the WWE for sticking to their decision. Last year, the reason why Daniel being inserted into the main event of Wrestlemania was great was because it fed to the story of Daniel vs the Authority. This year, that simply wasn't the case: he was in the Royal Rumble and he got eliminated. Was it a giant mistake? Absolutely, but the WWE made the decision to have Roman headline Wrestlemania and they had to stick to it. And for doing that, they've earned respect from me as they easily could've gone back on that decision. Plus if they caved in and had D-Bry in the WM main event again, what's to stop the fans from making it so it happens every year? Does this win mean Roman's ready for WM? No. But I'm not too worried over it because as a certain COO likes to say, there is always a plan B...


WWE Fastlane was a bad show. The commentary was bad, the crowd was awful, and a lot of the matches just felt like a waste...

Til next time folks, I'm the Shaman of Animation saying: Is there a match I missed?

Nah... Take care folks...

  




  









No comments:

Post a Comment